Monday, September 12, 2011

We Meet Again

After a prolonged vacation from posting on this blog that no one but me is allowed to see, I've decided to return to writing. I just moved into Washington, DC, and I don't have a TV so I am going to need something to fill my days. I watched BOTH commentaries for "Inconvenient Truth," y'all! So instead of watching some trash reality TV, I'm going to write this for the universe until I can't stand it anymore then I'll go public.

My first order to duty is to state that I plan on registering for the Boston Marathon on 16 September if the new Wicked Retahded entry process allows for it. I've already purchased my hotel room using Marriott points. I ran Boston in the spring of 2009 and it was a great experience. I had run a few... let's say quaint marathons in the intermittent time, which weren't as fun. So I want to get back to a grand spectacle type racing. Plus the Boston is the most important event in recreational running in America.

In the meantime, I plan to do a few shorter races in preparation, including one that I ran two years ago, Freedom's Run. Shepardstown, WV, really is one of the quaintest (in a good way) cities in the Washington, DC, area (note: this includes cities two hours away). There is even a John Brown Wax Museum for only $7 in the town of Harper's Ferry. John Brown (seen above in daguerreotype) is one of the most controversial characters in American History -- he tried to free the slaves at Harper's Ferry through armed insurrection.

He didn't inspire me to run that particular race. I'm also planning to run the Detroit Turkey Trot when I go home for Thanksgiving. So I'm running the races that I want to run this year. Now I know what I like, and I still have some on the back burner. The Army Ten Miler is definitely NOT THE ONE that I will ever race, so I'm fine with shunning that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers