Monday, January 24, 2011

Illinois Marathon: Origins

I've decided to register for the Illinois Marathon, if not run it. Let me back up.

I originally wanted to run the Boston Marathon, but it was sold out within less than 24 hours. Then I wanted to run the Big Sur Marathon, but that was sold out too. The Flying Pig Marathon is kind of a disaster, so that's out. There is a Grandma's Marathon in Minnesota. So that really left me in a bind.

My sister, who lives in Champaign, IL, previously asked me if I would like to run the Illinois Marathon and I declined since southern Illinois isn't all that exciting. I reconsidered since my options were limited and I have few opportunities to see her. So I'll just be bored for two hours, fifty-nine minutes and fifty-nine seconds. No big deal.

Actually, I registered in secret. I'm not sure if I really want to run this, or I just want something to do. I like running, but the whole training thing is a tedious practice. I'd like to devote more time to finding a new job, but I worry that the lack of exercise will lead me to feel unmotivated. So... I will continue to practice for another month where I can still sort of half-ass it, and then decide later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers