Monday, December 17, 2012

Boston Marathon 2012: Day 1

The Boston Marathon in 2012 was really hot, in case you didn't know. But my only thought while waking up at 5 o'clock in the morning on Saturday to get to the airport by 7 o'clock  was, "Why am I doing this to myself???"

Getting to the airport was pretty brutal, but I slept most of the plane ride, so that wasn't too big of a deal. I arrived at the Wharf Marriott at around 10 o'clock and they already had a room waiting for me that looked over the water and right next to the metro. I already saw people in running gear, and I knew that the nerd convention had already begun.

My partner in crime, Eddie, met me at my hotel and we walked to the convention, which was about a mile from the hotel. The theme this year was ORANGE. Not like a pumpkin orange or a peachy orange, but dayglow traffic cone orange. The free shirts were nice though, they were blue with some yellow. I think they recycle the colors from last year. Look out, Boston Marathon 2013 runners, because you're gonna look crazy.

We decided to get lunch at Eastern Standard before heading off to Copley Square. It was a great meal and they had a specactular drink menu, but I was too sick to really taste anything. Did I mention that I was sick? Well I was, which meant a lot of nose blowing and not fully tasting delicious food. I still got some sort of egg cream liquor drink.

I took a brief nap and then we went to dinner, where Marco, our Brazilian server, told us everything about Boston that we wanted to know. Thanks, Marco!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers