Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Uh-oh: Injury




I've noticed that since September (three months ago) some groin pain and a distended lower right abdomen. Neither has given me any remarkable problems or discomfort until last week during a tempo run. I only noticed pain after I finished while bending over to tie my shoe and it wasn't extreme pain (it depends on how I move). Then the next day I decided to do speed work on a treadmill, which was paintful in my groin at first, but I pushed through it and stretched out my groin afterwards. I felt ok. I don't know why, but I decided to take the next three days off. Anyway, here is a list of my symptoms below:

Symptoms:
Groin pain in the crease between my man parts and my thigh (right side).
Lower right abdominal pain half way between my belly button and my junk.
A vague dull ache on one of my testicles (can't remember which one) that has since gone away.
Also I don't know if this is a symptom, but my lower right side of my abdominals is a bit distended and is different than my left side.














Non-Symptoms:
No pubis pain.
Full range of motion with my abs (although some pain with my lower abs while doing hanging leg lifts).
No pain while coughing or sneezing.
No pain while getting out of the car or out of bed. 
I can still do the ADDuctor machine (with some initial difficulty and pain, but it's not a lot). I think last time I did close to 100lbs. 

Maybe I'm being a hypochondriac, as I'm not in a lot of pain but it's noticable. I made an appointment with my general practitioner for next Friday but I'm a little type A so I wanted to get a jump start with the worrying. Also I am looking forward to running the Boston Marathon this spring so I wanted to start training this Christmas (10 days away). I will keep you updated. Hopefully it will be nothing, but since I've been taking it easy I noticed that I'm turning into a worrier. I've been reading a lot of posts on the Runners World forum about Sports Hernias and I think that I might have one. So I'll be asking him about that. Meanwhile, I'll try taking it easy for now while continuing to run at a light pace. I wanted to take these two weeks easy anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers