Sunday, September 13, 2009

8 Weeks and Miles to Go

I had a pretty good week in terms of running. I ran about 45 miles this week including speed work and a tempo workout. In addition, I ran a 10K with a time of 38:52, which is the fastest time that I have ever run a 10K by about a minute and half. My PR was around a year ago. I consulted McMillan's Running Predictor and I should run the Marathon in 3:02:45.

The South Fairfax Credit Union 10K took place in Lorton, VA and is about 15 miles outside of DC. I prefer the smaller races because it gives me less anxiety. I feel that with less people I can pick people off easier and focus on that aspect. I ran pretty even splits, possibly even negative splits. Focusing on one person is more doable than worrying about a million other people. Plus I have more of a change of placing in my age group. So I get benefits that way as well.


In terms of mental health, I had kind of a depressing week. During the week, I focus on work and errands. Then on the weekend I'm at loose ends because I have all this time. So much time and I get overwhelmed with how to fill it, so I just end up watching The Office on Netflix. I have a million little things to do, but nothing really concrete. Running provides such structure and I really take out only what I put in to it. Most importantly, it makes me happy. It's more than just the "runner's high." It's a sense of accomplishment.

Another week done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers